6 Good Reasons to Connect Bissell CrossWave to Wi-Fi
Cleaners Talk is reader-supported. This post contains affiliate links, we may earn a commission at no additional costs to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Unlike a robot vacuum that does the cleaning for you, a vacuum cleaner like the Bissell CrossWave won’t clean your house unless you are pushing it. So, why should you connect Bissell CrossWave to Wi-Fi?
Connecting your Bissell CrossWave to a Wi-Fi network gives you access to the Bissell Connect app, where you can get helpful alerts, including maintenance tracking and notifications for charging the machine. It also offers helpful cleaning tips and videos to help you make the most of Bissell CrossWave.
In this post, we will share with you 6 reasons why you should connect a Bissell CrossWave to a Wi-Fi network, including the correct way to do it. Let’s get started.
Why Connect Bissell CrossWave to Wi-Fi?
Connecting a Bissell CrossWave to a Wi-Fi network unlocks plenty of features including:
- Helpful cleaning tips and videos.
- View usage information of each component.
- Get charging notification.
- View cleaning history.
- Activate the warranty online.
- Perform a factory reset.
Here are each feature explained in greater detail:
1. Helpful cleaning tips and videos to make the most of Bissell CrossWave
If you are new to using the Bissell CrossWave, you may need a simple-to-understand video guide and helpful cleaning tips to maximize the machine to its fullest potential.
This is where connecting a Bissell CrossWave to a Wi-Fi network comes in handy. By connecting the machine to the phone app, you will get access to plenty of cleaning tips and videos that show you step by step on how to use the machine properly.
Since the Bissell CrossWave is a 2-in-1 cleaning machine equipped with the Two-Tank Technology, it keeps the cleaning solution separate from the dirty water to ensure a fresh mix of formula and water is always being used to clean your floors.
By connecting the Bissell CrossWave to Wi-Fi, you get to gain access to helpful tips, videos, and guides to keep your machines cleaning efficiently.
2. View usage information on each of the machine’s components
One of the most useful things to check on the Bissell Connect app is the usage information.
The usage page shows information of your Bissell CrossWave’s filter, brush roll, formula, and charge of your machine. Thanks to a simple and clean interface, you get to see how much life the filter or the brush roll has (in percentages), and how much cleaning solution is in the tank.
The first two icons indicate the filter life and the brush life.
You can reset both the filter life and brush life indicator by clicking on the icons. The filter and brush life are based on 50 hours of cleaning and being washed every 10 hours.
The formula life is based on the formula bottle in use, and filling lines on the clean water tank and User Guide. Click the reset button on the formula life screen to reset formula life.
Additionally, you can easily reorder formulas, brush rolls, and filters with a simple touch of a button by connecting the Bissell CrossWave to a Wi-Fi network.
By keeping each component clean and pristine, you don’t have to worry about any smell coming from the machine.
However, please note that if the machine has been used before being paired, tracking information from those previous cleans will be lost.
3. Notify you when to charge the machine
If you are using the cordless version of the Bissell CrossWave, then connecting it to a Wi-Fi network will allow the phone app to notify you whenever the machine needs charging.
This is very useful especially when you are in the mood to clean your house, as often we get so caught up in the thick of things and forget to charge the machine.
By connecting the CrossWave to the app, you don’t have to worry about having the machine turn off suddenly while you are cleaning your house.
4. View cleaning history page on all CrossWave models
Another good reason why you should connect your Bissell CrossWave to a Wi-Fi network is to view the cleaning history on all your CrossWave models.
Cleaning history allows you to get a more expansive look at your cleaning habits while using the Bissell CrossWave. You can view your cleaning times by either week, month, or year by using the toggle on the top center of the screen via the app.
5. Easily activate the warranty
Connecting your Bissell CrossWave to a Wi-Fi network also allows you to activate your warranty with a simple touch of a button, all done via the Bissell Connect app.
Activating your warranty via the app gives you 10% off accessories so you can buy them for cheaper in the future. There's nothing to lose so we recommend activating your warranty via the app!
To activate the warranty, navigate to the warranty page and complete your product registration. You only need to fill in the date of purchase and store of purchase.
6. Perform a factory reset via the app
Last but not least, connecting a Bissell CrossWave to a Wi-Fi network allows you to perform a factory reset properly via the Bissell Connect phone app.
To perform a factory reset on your machine, click the gear on the top right corner of the screen. If you are looking to perform a factory reset to troubleshoot an issue, visit our simple guide right here.
How to Connect Bissell CrossWave to Wi-Fi
Before you can connect a Bissell CrossWave to a Wi-Fi network, you need to download the Bissell Connect app from the Apple app store or Google Play store.
Here are the complete steps to do it:
- Download Bissell Connect app - This is pretty straightforward. Search for the Bissell Connect app on either the Apple app store or the Google Play store and download the app.
- Connect Bissell CrossWave to the app - Create a BISSELL account to sign in, or sign in via Google or Facebook. Click the plus sign and select CrossWave to add. Remove the clean water tank to find the QR code and scan it. The app will show CrossWave is connecting to the phone, which could take a few minutes. Once the connection is successful it will be indicated on the app.
- Connect Bissell CrossWave to Wi-Fi - Connect the CrossWave Cordless Max to your home Wi-Fi Network and enter the password. “Finalizing Complete” means the machine has successfully paired to the internet.
- Set up Bissell CrossWave from the app (optional) - Once the pairing is complete, you can rename the machine or register the warranty by providing the “Date Purchased” and “Store Purchased” information and click “Submit”.
Congratulations, your Bissell CrossWave is now connected to the Bissell Connect app and your home Wi-Fi network. You are now ready to unlock the machine’s full potential.