How to Reset Bissell CrossWave Max (The Correct Way)
Cleaners Talk is reader-supported. This post contains affiliate links, we may earn a commission at no additional costs to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sometimes, there’s no going around an issue but to reset a vacuum cleaner back to its factory settings. Here’s how to correctly perform a Bissell CrossWave Max factory reset:
Hold the “Mode” button (gear icon) on the handle down until you hear 2 beeps (approximately 15 seconds). Close and reopen the app.
In this post, we will quickly show you when to perform a factory reset and how to do it the right way. By the end of this short article, your Bissell CrossWave Max should be up and running again.
When Should You Factory Reset a Bissell CrossWave Max
Contrary to popular belief, you should not perform a factory reset every time you encounter an issue. For example, a Bissell CrossWave that is not charging can be solved in another way.
Here are the four instances when you should perform a Bissell CrossWave factory reset:
- Pairing errors - cannot connect Bissell CrossWave Max to your phone.
- Cannot connect to Bissell Network.
- Phone app errored out during finalizing.
- Stuck in a firmware loop.
The factory reset button on a Bissell CrossWave Max is located on the handle. It is the “Mode” button with the gear icon.
How to Factory Reset Bissell CrossWave Max
Before you proceed, please keep in mind that the factory reset will delete all historic data that is saved in the app. However, you will be able to re-pair the device after the factory reset.
Here is how to restore Bissell CrossWave Max to factory settings:
- Click on the Hamburger menu button on the top left of the screen.
- Click on your Bissell CrossWave Max.
- Tap the gear in the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose the "Factory Reset" Button.
- Click on the red "Reset machine" button.
- Press the “Mode” button (gear icon) on the handle until you hear 2 beeps (about 15 seconds).
You will initially hear just one beep after 5 seconds, continue to hold the mode button down until it beeps twice. Once the factory reset is complete, restart the app. Congratulations, your Bissell CrossWave Max has been reset to factory settings.
Now you know how to perform a Bissell CrossWave Max factory reset. Hopefully, our short and concise post has helped you restore your beloved vacuum cleaner back to its glory.