Why Eufy Keep Stopping and Not Working? (SOLVED)
Cleaners Talk is reader-supported. This post contains affiliate links, we may earn a commission at no additional costs to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If a Eufy keeps stopping and not working, you need to give it some love.
There are a total of seven possibilities why a Eufy robot vacuum is not working. In this post, we will show you how to troubleshoot an Eufy robot vacuum that keeps stopping or not working.
Eufy Not Working and Stopping Troubleshooting Guide
There are 7 potential problems that can happen to a Eufy robot vacuum. Below, we have listed how to troubleshoot each issue, whether a Eufy keeps stopping or not working:
1. Eufy robot vacuum cannot be activated
If a Eufy robot vacuum cannot be activated, it can mean that the power switch is in the OFF position, the battery is drained, the battery in the remote control is drained, or the remote control is not within range of the robot. So, if a Eufy robot vacuum will not activate, please do the following:
- Make sure the power switch is in the ON position.
- Ensure the battery is charged.
- Replace the battery in the remote control (2 AAA batteries).
- Make sure the remote control is within range (less than 10 feet from robot vacuum).
2. Eufy robot vacuum stops working suddenly
An Eufy robot vacuum that stops working suddenly means that it is trapped, stuck in an obstacle, or the battery power level is too low. If a Eufy robot vacuum stops working suddenly, check whether the robot vacuum is trapped or stuck in an obstacle. Additionally, check whether the power level is too low or not.
If a Eufy robot vacuum keeps stopping and beeping, you need to determine whether the light is solid or flashing. You can troubleshoot the issue by following our simple guide right here.
3. Eufy robot vacuum does not start scheduled cleaning
An Eufy robot vacuum may not start its scheduled cleaning if the time, time of day (AM/PM), and the scheduled time have not been set correctly.
If a Eufy robot vacuum does not start scheduled cleaning, please do the following:
- Make sure the main power switch on the bottom of the robot is in the "I'' position.
- Make sure the time, time of day (AM/PM), and the scheduled time have been set correctly. There will be 1 beep after you finish setting the actual time, and 1 beep after setting the scheduled time. If you do not hear both beeps, the schedule will not be set.
- Make sure you point the remote control directly at the Eufy robot vacuum when setting the time/schedule. You will hear a beep when the time/schedule has been set.
- All settings will be erased when the Eufy robot vacuum is turned off or when the battery power is exhausted. You will need to reset the time and reschedule the cleaning time.
- You cannot set a cleaning schedule when using the power adaptor to charge the Eufy robot vacuum. The previous cleaning schedule will not start.
- Check if RoboVac’s power is too low to start cleaning.
4. Eufy robot vacuum’s suction power is weak
The suction power of a Eufy robot vacuum may be weak because the there are obstructions blocking the suction inlet, the dust collector is full, or the filter is dirty and/or wet.
If the suction power of a Eufy robot vacuum is weak, please do the following:
- Check whether any obstructions are blocking the suction inlet.
- Empty the dust collector.
- Clean the filter with a vacuum cleaner or a cleaning brush.
- Check if the filters are wet due to water or other liquids on the floor. If so, air-dry the filters completely before using the Eufy robot vacuum.
- Replace the filter/brush to see if the suction power becomes stronger.
5. Eufy robot vacuum cannot be charged
The most common reason why a Eufy robot vacuum is not charging is because there are objects within 3 feet to the left and right side, and objects within 6 feet of the front of the charging base.
In some cases, the charging contacts are also full of dirt and debris. The charging base may not be plugged into an outlet properly.
If a Eufy robot vacuum cannot be charged, please do the following:
- Check whether the charging base is plugged into the outlet.
- Remove objects within 3 feet to the sides and within 6 feet of the front of the charging base.
- Dust off the charging contact with a dry cloth.
6. Eufy robot vacuum rolling brush does not rotate
If a Eufy robot vacuum rolling brush does not rotate, clean the rolling brush and check whether the rolling brush has been installed properly or not. You may also need to clear any tangled hair or built-up dust surrounding the rolling brush of a Eufy robot vacuum to restore its rotation.
7. Eufy robot vacuum movements or travel path are abnormal
Often, a Eufy robot vacuum may move in an unusual way or run around in circles if the sensors on the bumper and on the bottom are dirty. The bumper and the wheels may also be stuck.
If a Eufy robot vacuum movements or travel path are abnormal, please do the following:
- Clean the sensors on the bumper and on the bottom carefully with a dry cloth.
- Shake and tap the bumper and wheels to see whether they are stuck.
- Remove any hair and debris from the bumper and wheels.
- Restart the Eufy robot vacuum by turning the power switch off and on.
Now you know why a Eufy robot vacuum keeps stopping and not working. By following the troubleshooting tips we have shared with you, your Eufy robot vacuum should be up and running in no time.
If all else fails, you should try resetting your Eufy robot vacuum or contacting Eufy customer support.