Steamfast SF-275 vs. SF-370 Steam Cleaner Comparison
Cleaners Talk is reader-supported. This post contains affiliate links, we may earn a commission at no additional costs to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Steamfast is well-known for its high-quality steam cleaners that are user friendly. Two of its most popular models, the SF-275 and SF-370, are often compared with one another.
So, what is the difference between Steamfast SF-275 and SF-370?
The Steamfast SF-275 comes with 17 accessories, while the Steamfast SF-370 comes with only 15 accessories. However, the Steamfast SF-370 is lighter than the SF-275, weighing just about 8.42 lb compared to 10.06 lb, allowing you to move it around with ease.
That said, there is more to this comparison than it meets the eye. In this post, we will compare the Steamfast SF-275 vs. SF-370 steam cleaners and help you decide which one is suitable for you.
Steamfast SF-275 vs. SF-370
Before we go to the comparison, here’s a quick note.
My objective of comparing both steam cleaners is to make your life easier and help you choose one. Since I own both the Steamfast SF-275 and SF-370, I know firsthand what to look for and what features work best.
Unlike most reviewers who copy and paste the features from Amazon, I’ll do my best to keep it simple and only show you what are the most important differences between the two.
I can guarantee you that by the end of this post, you should be able to choose one.
Key Differences Between Steamfast SF-275 and SF-370
The similarities between the Steamfast SF-275 and SF-370 are obvious. Both the versatile Steamfast SF-275 and SF-370 steam cleaners handle floors with the included steam mop attachments and two microfiber pads that are safe for all sealed flooring surfaces, including wood, tile, and laminate.
Both come with an extra-large capacity tank that provides 45 minutes of continuous steam.
Similarities aside, it is the differences that matter. I have both the Steamfast SF-275 and SF-370 steam cleaner models, and here are all of the differences I am able to spot:
- Different accessories options - The Steamfast SF-275 steam cleaner comes with 17 versatile accessories, including a steam mop attachment for sealed flooring surfaces. On the other hand, the Steamfast SF-370 steam cleaner comes with only 15 versatile accessories.
- Power cord length - The Steamfast SF-275 steam cleaner comes with a 12-foot power cord length, while the Steamfast SF-370 steam cleaner comes with a 15-foot power cord length.
- Different item weight - The Steamfast SF-275 steam cleaner is 10.06 lb while the Steamfast SF-370 steam cleaner is 8.42 lb.
- Different steam rate - The Steamfast SF-275 steam cleaner boasts a steam rate of 33-37 g/min, while the Steamfast SF-370 steam cleaner boasts a steam rate of 26 g/m.
Now let’s discuss the differences.
The Steamfast SF-275 steam cleaner comes with 17 versatile accessories, some of which are:
- Medium-size triangle brush for special areas such as corners.
- A short nylon utility brush for general cleaning.
- A long nylon utility brush for hard-to-reach places.
- A short brass brush for BBQ cleaning.
- A scrub pad for scrubbing while steaming.
Boasting 17 different attachments and accessories to choose from, the Steamfast SF-275 comes equipped with everything you need and any task you have.
The Steamfast SF-370 steam cleaner, on the other hand, comes with 15 versatile accessories which include:
- 2-Extension Wands
- Mop Head
- Scrub Tool
- Sponge Pad for Corner Tool
- Scrub Pad for Corner Tool
- Brass Utility Brush
- 2-Nylon Utility Brushes
- Corner Tool
- Measuring Cup
- Jet Nozzle
- 2-Microfiber Pads
The mop pad is machine washable, but you need to learn how to wash them properly to maintain their longevity. In short, the Steamfast SF-370 steam cleaner also comes with the tools for any task.
2. Steam Rate
Steam rate is the amount of steam, in kg or lbs per hour, required to produce one unit of power. Put simply, it is the amount of steam generated by the appliance.
The Steamfast SF-275 steam cleaner boasts a steam rate of 33-37 g/min, while the Steamfast SF-370 steam cleaner boasts a steam rate of 26 g/m.
While there is a difference between the two, as regular homeowners that do not clean for a living, you will not be able to tell the difference between the two.
3. Item Weight
Another important difference between the two steam cleaners is the weight.
The Steamfast SF-275 steam cleaner comes in at about 10.06 lb while the Steamfast SF-370 steam cleaner weighs about 8.42 lb.
In my opinion, I enjoy the Steamfast SF-370 more because it weighs 2 pounds less.
It certainly demands less effort from you. And while some may think that 2 pounds of weight is not a huge difference, in the long run, you will have a better time steam cleaning your house with a lighter machine.
4. Power Cord Length
Last but not least, there is a difference between the power cord length.
The Steamfast SF-275 steam cleaner comes with a 12-foot power cord length, while the Steamfast SF-370 steam cleaner comes with a 15-foot power cord length.
While 3 feet is not much of a difference, having a 15-foot long power cord allows you to move around freely, provides maximum portability, and better ease of use.
WINNER: Steamfast SF-370
- Less weight makes it easier to move around.
- Comes with a longer power cord length.
- MAXIMUM PORTABILITY — Designed for ease of use with a 15-foot power cord with integrated cord wrap, wheels, carrying handle, and a 6. 5-foot hose that...
- 15 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES — Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in and around your home including mop pads, utility brushes, jet nozzle, squeegee, scrub...
- LARGE CAPACITY TANK — The 48-ounce water tank heats up in 8 minutes and provides up to 45 minutes of steam
Both steam cleaners are amazing, but if I have to choose one, I would go for the Steamfast SF-370 because it is easier to move around due to less weight and it comes with a longer power cord.
Although it has less steam rate and less accessories, I feel like I cannot see the difference as a regular homeowner. However, if you are someone who prefers better steam rate and more accessories, by all means, go for the Steamfast SF-275 steam cleaner.
Since both steam cleaners come at the same price point, I would choose better portability.
I hope that makes it easier for you to choose between the two. Coming from someone who has both steam cleaners, I would go for the Steamfast SF-370.