Bissell Revolution Won’t Suction? Here’s the Fix in 2 Steps
Cleaners Talk is reader-supported. This post contains affiliate links, we may earn a commission at no additional costs to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The Bissell Revolution is a vacuum/carpet cleaner that uses the power of heat and picks up water at the same time to clean effectively. Sadly, sometimes the machine loses its suction.
So, why is your Bissell Revolution vacuum cleaner won’t suction?
The most common reason why a Bissell Revolution won’t suction is that the nozzle is clogged. Hold the nozzle and insert the nozzle clean out tool (provided with the purchase of the machine) into the thin slot on the end of the nozzle that touches the floor. Clean until it is free of pet hair or debris.
That said, you also need to inspect the water tanks carefully. In this post, we will show you how to fix a Bissell Revolution vacuum cleaner that won’t suction properly. Let’s get into it.
How to Fix Bissell Revolution That’s Not Suctioning
Now if your Bissell Revolution upright vacuum cleaner is experiencing a loss of suction, it could be down to a number of things. For this example, we are using the Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution, but the process will be very similar for other upright Bissell Revolution vacuum cleaners.
Before troubleshooting, turn the power off and unplug from the wall. Leave the vacuum cleaner unplugged before doing anything with it and performing any maintenance.
Here are a number of ways to troubleshoot and get your machine working properly again:
1. Inspect the water tanks carefully
A Bissell Revolution vacuum cleaner is equipped with two water tanks, a clean water tank and a dirty water tank. There are a number of reasons why a Bissell Revolution won’t suction due to the water tanks:
- The water tanks are not placed properly - Firstly, make sure that both water tanks are seated properly on the unit. The vacuum cleaner will not pick up water or suck effectively if the water tanks are not placed properly. Pick up both water tanks and reseat them so they fit properly on the unit.
- The dirty water tank is full - Next, empty your dirty water tank if the maximum amount of dirty water has been picked up and has reached the fill line. If the dirty water tank is full, the Bissell Revolution will not suck properly.
- The clean water tank is empty - If your clean water tank is empty, check fluid levels. If the clean water tank is empty, the Bissell Revolution will not suction. Refill if the tank is empty.
- The dirty water tank is not secured tightly - Lastly, the dirty water tank may not be secured tightly. Check the rubber tab on the dirty water tank and press firmly on all edges to secure it tightly.
2. Check the hose and the nozzle for a clog
In order for the Bissell Revolution vacuum cleaner to suck dirt and water properly, the accessory hose door also needs to be closed securely. Check the door and make sure it is locked in place.
Wipe the red filter regularly. Often, a Bissell Revolution vacuum cleaner is used to clean up after pets as well as carpets, so there may be excess fur, hair, and debris that build up on the red filter.
Another reason why Bissell Revolution won’t suction is that the nozzle may be clogged. Remove the nozzle from the foot, flip the accessory door open, and lift up on the nozzle and accessory hose door.
In our experience, this is the location where most pet hair and debris build up the most.
Hold the nozzle and insert the nozzle clean out tool (provided with the purchase of the machine) into the thin slot on the end of the nozzle that touches the floor. Clean until it is free of pet hair or debris.
Return the nozzle back to the foot of the machine. Line up the three hooks on the nozzle to the bottom of the foot. Lastly, rotate the nozzle up and click in to place and close the accessory hose door.
We hope these tips will get your Bissell carpet cleaner functioning again.
The easy step-by-step guide above should be able to fix a Bissell Revolution vacuum cleaner that will not suction. If you have tried everything but your vacuum cleaner is still not working, you can contact Bissell consumer care. They would be more than happy to help you find a solution.
If you feel like the machine is too old, it may be time to invest in a new cleaning tool. Feel free to check out the best upright vacuum cleaners to find the perfect one for your next cleaning job.
Other Bissell vacuum articles: